To learn more about becoming a Founder, contact Sally Gillespie at Sally@TheArgyros.org or (208) 726-7872
We Enthrall Audiences and Inspire Performers
Sun Valley Performing Arts, a local 501(c)(3) non-profit established in 2001, is building a new, state-of-the-art performing arts center in Ketchum, Idaho, named the Argyros Performing Arts Center after its founding benefactors Julia & George Argyros. This 25,000 square-foot facility is under construction on the old nexStage property, opposite the Limelight Hotel, and will include two theaters, a café and a large outdoor plaza: it is a natural evolution of the nexStage and will be open, spacious, inclusive and a gathering place for the entire community.
The new center will present local, national and international artists, ensembles and events, and will feature a wide variety of programs for everyone including music of all kinds, theater, comedy, dance, speakers, films and educational workshops. Just like the old nexStage, it will also be available for use on a rental basis by other local non-profits, as well as businesses, groups and individuals. The flexible performance and event spaces will enable all manner of small and large productions, events and gatherings year-round: it will be a perfect cultural, educational and social complement to the area’s exceptional outdoor recreational amenities.
Performing arts and events centers like this have an enormous, positive cultural, social and economic impact on their communities, towns and regions. Such centers entertain, educate, enhance and enrich audiences in wonderful community gathering places while attracting more visitors and generating greater revenue for local businesses.
Fifteen years after this property was first rescued from commercial development and Sun Valley Performing Arts was created to own and operate the property, our community has grown and both the need and opportunity have become clear. During the past 24 months, participants from many different constituencies in The Wood River Valley have helped shape and inform our plan, and progress to-date includes:
· Widespread community support and enthusiastic endorsement of the project
· The land worth $2.5M is owned
· Architectural designs, program plans, capital budgets and operating projections are complete
· The project budget is $14.5M: building+fees $10.5M, equipment $3.5M, startup fund $500K
· With three lead gifts totaling $4.5M and a total of $8M raised, we broke ground in July 2017
· Fund-raising is now over 80% complete with $12.5M committed as of May 2018
· Construction is on schedule for a Gala Opening on Friday-Saturday, November 23rd-24th, 2018
May 20th, 2018.